Chicken Stew With Rice and Vegetables
(4) Pounds HarvestBox Chicken Wings, Thighs and Drumsticks
(2) Tbsp Unsalted Butter
(2) Tbsp Olive Oil
(2) Onions, chopped
(2) Carrots, sliced
(2) Stalks of Celery, sliced
(1) Red Pepper, chopped
(1) Green Pepper, chopped
(2) Cloves Garlic, minced (or 2 Tbsp Butter Garlic Seasoning)
(1) 14.5 oz Can Diced Tomatoes, drained
(3) Cups Long-Grain Rice
(3) Cups Chicken Broth
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Season 4 pounds total of a mixture of chicken wings, thighs, and drumsticks with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Melt butter and oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Working with 4-5 pieces of chicken at a time, brown in butter and oil on all sides for a total of 7-10 minutes per batch. Put browned chicken pieces on a plate.
4. Keep only 2 Tbsp of fat from chicken in Dutch oven and add onions, carrots, celery, peppers, and garlic. Cook approximately 4-5 minutes until soft while stirring often.
5. Add the can of tomatoes, rice, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
7. Add chicken back to Dutch oven and stir to mix chicken pieces and vegetables.
8. Cover and bake about 40 minutes or until rice is done. Do not open to check before the 40 minutes has past.
9. Serve immediately.